Designed by Isaac G. Perry and built in 1898, the Armory building has long served as a community gathering space and as one of Hudson’s most architecturally significant buildings. Prior to acquisition by Galvan Foundation, the building was mostly vacant and little used for many years. In addition, Hudson was in need of new space for its Library and Senior Center.
Galvan Armory now serves as a permanent community center providing a comprehensive array of educational and social services in a single location. Galvan Armory is home to Hudson Area Library, Perfect Ten Afterschool Program, and Hudson Senior Center.