Historic Preservation

HISTORIC PRESERVATION

James Clark Building

BUILT: c.1860-1865
ADDRESS: 405 Warren Street, Hudson, New York

Between about 1860 and 1865, James Clark—either alone or in conjunction with his business partner, Nathaniel Folger—constructed two Italianate-style red brick three-story buildings on a lot that is comprised today of 405 and 407 Warren Street (fig. 1). Each building is three bays wide, with commercial space on the first floor and apartments on the two floors above. When constructed in the 1860s, the buildings each contained a shop on the first level and a single residence that occupied the second and third floors.

Read More

Built by the prominent architect Isaac G. Perry in 1898, the Galvan formerly the Hudson Armory, is an impressive three-story masonry on the periphery of the Hudson Historic District that once housed York State Army National Guard. Owned by Galvan Partners, the has been the site of numerous community resources designed in to community needs: the Hudson Area Library, now with an inviting in which to welcome residents; Perfect Ten, a non-profit dedicated support 4th through 9th grade girls in their academic achievement new senior center operated by the city, a much-needed facility for Hudson's aging population.