Historic Preservation

HISTORIC PRESERVATION

Brousseau Building

BUILT c.1904

ADDRESS: 202-204 Warren Street Hudson, New York

BEFORE

AFTER

Around 1904, Theodore Brousseau, a brick manufacturer, erected at the northeast corner of Warren and Second Streets a block of two three-story Colonial Revival-style red brick apartment buildings embellished with marble trim. In all likelihood, the brick used to construct the buildings was supplied by Brousseau's brickyard in Ulster County.

Read More

Built by the prominent architect Isaac G. Perry in 1898, the Galvan formerly the Hudson Armory, is an impressive three-story masonry on the periphery of the Hudson Historic District that once housed York State Army National Guard. Owned by Galvan Partners, the has been the site of numerous community resources designed in to community needs: the Hudson Area Library, now with an inviting in which to welcome residents; Perfect Ten, a non-profit dedicated support 4th through 9th grade girls in their academic achievement new senior center operated by the city, a much-needed facility for Hudson's aging population.